Thread: clonazepam
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 11:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tread lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
I understand that it has muscle relaxent properties. I take it for sleep too, and sometime for anxiety. I'read that it can be addictive at high doeses, but, give, the other meds I'm "addicted" to (Sinemet, primarily)I'm not concerned about that possibility. Sleep is so important.
Robert,

The reason you feel so good is because it is powerful enought to help prevent seizures; it is not too far off taking Valium. It works on our GABA receptors, that I know of. It, then may potentially exacerbate certain PD symptoms, that researchers suggest are linked to GABA like gait. If you don't have that symptom, then it might be okay, I would ask a doctor to be sure.

If you have a lot of anxiety, taking a Klonopin will melt it away. Just be careful, it is very highly addictive even just at a few weeks. Tapering down off it is even hell, let alone going cold turkey.The reason you seem to sleep so soundly is because clonazapam suppresses REM sleep, so you will begin to notice that you don't recall any dreams. From what I have read, it stimulates dopamine only in the reward or pleauser center of our brains. This is why you get that rush of well-being.

Here is a really great site on your brain on drugs at McGill University.

Hate to rain on anyone's parade, but when you see a site dedicated to benzodiazepine dependency and withdrawal on the Internet, well, it makes you wonder. Just sayin'...

Last edited by Conductor71; 10-29-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: fact checking
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
olsen (11-25-2014)