View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Craig, you do give wonderful advice, but you are such a guy!|!! Women seem to be wired to try to make everyone happy, notice and take care of small details and stuff, hear stuff, etc. Deij, it is hard to put ourselves first. I'm alone all day but DH comes home, DD or DS texts or e-mails from college with needs and I'm such a mother and idiot, I try to take care of ASAP. Of course it's nobody or everybody at the same time.

Deij, Those neighbors are not your immediate loved ones and have no claims on you. "Sorry, I can't" and you owe them nothing more. Husbands and kids are different. There are times and activities they have to be taught they can't intrude on. DD knows when she e-mails MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM she grabs my attention and I need to work on that. You'll set boundaries.

PS My SIL and I (we married brothers) always said when they die we're getting "never again" tattooed on our foreheads. Marriage, never again that is.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (11-01-2010), Dejibo (10-29-2010), hollym (11-01-2010), Kitty (10-29-2010), NeuroNixed Craig (10-29-2010), SallyC (10-29-2010), Twinkletoes (10-29-2010)