View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 01:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default One suggestion

I would strongly urge you to consider using some digestive enzymes. I have severe nutritional deficiencies which I have been getting treated for. I discovered recently that my pancreas may have been effected by the deficiencies.

I found supplementing enzymes has made a difference. Now, some people can find that using specific enzymes will allow them to eat foods that are allergic or sensitive, but not everyone has that experience. But all the same you should consider using them because as we age our pancreas does not produce the level that it did when we were younger.

You said your calcium levels were high even though you don't eat diary. First blood calcium levels, I think, may be more about your parathyroid hormone functioning properly, then it may have to do with your diet. Honestly, if your calcium levels were low your doctor would take that very seriously. Do not view especially calcium blood levels as any indication of your nutritional profile.

Usually with some food allergies or sensitivies there are problems with absorbtion. This can effect your nutritional status.

Your body can make the most of that calcium in plant foods if you give it the proper enzymes to make sure that oxalic acid doesn't interfere with the absorption.

Actually the idea that just eliminating those foods will cause you to feel much better is not exactly honest info, I think. Any adult with a chronic problem like food sensitivities may have other issues like nutritional problems or other digestive concerns. Are you sure your GI tract has healed completely? Are you supplementing those nutrients that are known to be associated with allergies?

One thing you can try on your own to get an idea about your nutritional status is to buy some Zinc Status. This product tells you your zinc status or if you have a zinc deficiency immediately. I use orthomolecular for my deficiencies. According to ortho, you would likely be the type low in zinc and high in copper. Copper is a heavy metal and can be stored in the body to levels that will impact on your health. But being low in zinc may cause your body to store other heavy metals too. Zinc is needed for MT (metallothionein) to get heavy metals into your bloodstream and then your kidneys to be excreted. This is not what you want.

Ortho says that people with low histamine levels usually are the ones to have food issues. (I have pyroluria and low histamine levels) Histamine is something your doctor can check for you, but won't be able to help you correct though. Ortho helps balance histamine levels with nutritional supplements.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote