View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 06:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroNixed Craig View Post
This is so interesting. I fully understand women are totally geared to nurture and put others first. Sometimes the one who MUST come first in order to keep going is the woman.

Simply put it to your husband as a "problem" you're wrestling with and just talk about it. Being a "man" our first instinct is to "FIX PROBLEMS." Thus he will come up with a, or several, solutions to "Fix the Problem." See how this works?

I know this from experience as my wife was at a tough point between me, kids in college, work, and family. Bottom line, I sent her to the beach for a three day get away all by herself staying at an oceanfront inexpensive hotel off season. She returned a completely different woman.

Do what women are so good at doing, make it seem like you're getting away by yourself and his going away hunting is totally "HIS" idea. Bada-Bing-Bada-Boom everybody wins.
You are so excellent at your advice Craig. When I got to the breaking point, I sat my family down and told them I was no longer able to be the total mom,wife etc that I had been. So, from that day forward whenever they saw me with this hat (a cute baseball cap with a logo meaning leave me alone) it would be their clue to pretend I was not "Home" and just go about their own business until the hat came off. It worked wonders and became quite the family joke. For instance, I would walk into kitchen to get a drink and boys and dad would be eating dinner and one child would remark, "LOOK! I think ghost mom is sneaking through the house!" and they would all burst out laughing. Me too! LOL They all turned out brilliant independent successful men ...so I guess it didnt hurt anyone for me to take my "ME" time!! Try it! You'll breath a whole lot easier and all that frustration will melt away. Your fatigue WONT let you be the super woman you were...but you can still be super...only in smaller bites.
TRESA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
debw (10-30-2010), Dejibo (10-29-2010), hollym (11-01-2010), Kitty (10-30-2010), NeuroNixed Craig (10-29-2010), SallyC (10-29-2010)