Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 10:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes,

I had a couple of Alexander sessions also. I didn't find them as helpful as the Feldenkrais, but that doesn't mean they can't be, for some people. It's just that Feldenkrais is pretty amazing.

My therapist once pointed out that there are people who have the most degenerated spines in the world, who walk around not in pain. People with herniated disks who are not in pain. People will diseases and deformities who don't hurt. She said the brain has a remarkable affinity for finding out how to move to minimize pain, and it's just that some brains get confused, because too much has happened for it to understand the information. So she teaches it lessons.

I'm hoping and my gut is telling me that Mayo will tell me that I will fuse, and that AFTER I fuse, I should have the hardware out, not now. That's my hope.
Also, I'm hoping they know of somebody somewhere doing minimal surgery to do this. Afterall, they replaced a friend's heart valve through a tiny slit, using a laparoscope, maybe somebody out there can remove a screw that way.

My hope. I'm feeling pretty optimistic, as the pain has eased.

Also, Brian, I have a plan: After I'm fused, done with using the bone stimulator on my back, I'm going to experiment with using it on my feet. Wonder if it will help the neuropathy. Also, wondering if a two magnets on the feet, one on the top, one on the bottom, just held on maybe by socks, can simulate the Rebuilder, or bone growth stimulator, and get our nerves more healthy. That's for later.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote