View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 09:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default severe cord compressioni

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandholly View Post
Just a quick background,I have been in back and neck pain since I was 15 (now 35) So for over 20 years, my life has been wrapped around my pain.
Today, I finally saw a neurosurgeon for the first time. After reviewing my MRI he told me I was lucky to have walked in on my own, that I've got a ruptured disk between my C5 and C6 and at any time with the right circumstances, I could lose the use of my arms, legs, possibly both, or even worse, be completely paralized from the neck down.
Now, i realize this is a worse case scenario, but it quickly made me realize that this isn't something to overlook. I've never had any type of surgery, I don't have anyone close to me that has went through this type of procedure, so I'm looking for some level headed people who have went through this and can try and help guide me as I undergo this life changing experience. Any help as to what I can expect post operation, would be greatly apreciated. Dr's can tell you what they've heard, but people who have experienced it, lived through it, can tell me what I really need to know, what to look out for, and most importantly, what mistakes not to make. Thank you all.
Rick
Hello, This is what I was like my first surgery, over ten years ago. The MRI read severe cord compression. The best docs are the one's who work on the football players. I hope you have access to one. Also, discuss hardware, not a hip bone graft. I had two attempted fusions w/hip bone, both collapsed. Hope your surgery goes well and take the best care of you, you possibly can! No one else will. Keep us posted, WTR Nymph
WTR Nymph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote