View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 10:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Worth a try

[QUOTE=NT User;706584]I have had TN since 2002 after a Root Canal but this has nothing to do with TN as it we did the process of elimination.

I was taking Carbamazepine 200mg and it seemed to solve all problems with no pain and no side effects.

The pain is back now, its not that bad as others describe. My pain is on my gum, only 1 spot. Tingling/burning. I would call this a discomfort but I still want to get rid of it. It can get frustrating.

I am on 600mg now and helps a little bit but most of the day the pain is there.
[FONT="Arial Black"]
My Neurosurgeon does not recommend MVD at this point because of my age and the severity of of my pain. He thinks that we can fix this with meds.

MVD is very risky I KNOW THIS SOUNDS TOO EASY BUT ACTUALLY IT HELPED ME WITH MY MOUTH PAIN THAT WAS IN MY TEETH AND GUMS AND THE ROOF OF MY MOUTH. I PURCHASED SOME LIQUID ORAGEL STUFF AND CARRIED IT EVERYWHERE WITH ME. I KEPT ONE IN MY PURSE AND ONE IN THE BATHROOM. I USED A Q TIP TO PUT IT ON AND FOR HRS IT REALLY HELPED THE PAIN. YOU CAN JUST USE YOUR FINGER AS WELL. WORTH A TRY.BOTTLE SAYS YOU CAN APPLY 4 TIMES A DAY I THINK. I HAVE HAD THE SURGERY AND I STILL HAVE TO USE IT A LITTLE.
lola white is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote