View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 01:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcs View Post
My letter for my psych exam, which is this Fri 10/22, says 2-3 hours. Do you think this is for more in-depth testing? I'm worried to death becuase their is no way I can work and am at the end of my rope. By the way I've been seeing my own psych doctor and SS know this and supposidly got her report.
I am so sorry it took me so long to get back with you. You have probably already taken the test at this point.

To clarify, the general mental status exams take 45 minutes to an hour. If you were scheduled for IQ tests or some other specialized testing, then yes, those can take longer. And I am guessing that you may be in another state; I can only comment on how doctors in my state do their exams.

If the examiner has your report and is still sending you to an exam it most likely means that they need either extras information (which would make sense if you were getting a specialized test, like an IQ) which your psych doctor might not have done, or because there was some vital information missing from your doctor's notes or records.

I do hope everything went well (or will go well).
kallixenia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote