View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 08:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Jen - still conservative and underdiagnosed

Jen if I was convinced I have TOS I would definitely consider surgery. I don't think I will ever get enough diagnostics to know for sure. But I am doing great considering my injuries. Many more than just the possible TOS. What I don't get is how people have enough time to run through the doctor gerbil wheel. I have a life outside of all these injuries and it includes a job I love, overtime, education, pets, yards, banjo, yoga, and time for my 90 year old dad. In a new job I have to be almost dead to take time off before 6 month probation. (I have issues about job abandonment).

It is good to hear from you. I may come to regret my conservative approach but I was not exactly young when this started like you are. I am still a great believer in yoga with appropriate modifications. I did some PT for a hip fracture they missed 10 years ago and thought the PT was worthless compared to yoga. I also love to swim a modified crawl where my arms never come out of the water. The cool water in the pool does wonders for my whole body.

My insurance is really bad now too. I am on something called an HSA and my copays run from $100 to $300 lately. When I hit my out of pocket it will get better but in January it runs back to zero again. My suffering will probably come when I am jobless or forced into retirement and have no money for medical. If only there were icefloes in the Bay of Galveston when that day comes.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote