View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ada,

I am calling Dr. K. on Monday to set up an appointment for the Benedryl infusion. I will let you know how it works. But, if you look at the post that say's Benedryl for burning pain, they mention that it helps. Who knows maybe this is one proven medication for RSD.

Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
Thanks for the advice.
i have had stomach problems since the 90's. I believe I had RSD long before a hand surgeon diagnosed me. The U of C put shots in my stomach but never diagnosed me with anything. My stomach started shutting down 3 years ago and we have been working on it. I went to see Gastros that were useless. The one diagnosed me but didn't know what to do for me.

I deal with nausea a lot. Not a day goes by that I don't have it a few times a day and the burning started up about 2 weeks ago. I saw my Dr.Wednesday and of course we dealt with inside pelvic pain and talked about my stomach and my chest pain. I go back this week, he wants to see how I'm doing and hopefully we can separate things and figure out what's causing what.

I hate winters anymore, the whole damn winter, I will be worse off.

I think too it's a matter of watching what I eat but I am having trouble with that part. I'f I eat something different then I usually do then I have more problems.

I know the meds cause constipation too. That's a side effect of a lot of them. In the winter I have to take the Methadone so I'm sure that's not helping. My dosage is low but it still causes problems. I do keep busy and I do get stressed a lot. I now have 2 teenage drivers, they are in and out of here when they drive to town so I worry about them. Mom is more relaxed about it then I am. My Dr. says I worry way too much? Is that part of RSD? Like everything else it's multiplied.

That's interesting about ketamine infusions for the stomach. I doubt that we have a Dr. in Colorado that even knows what they are. I doubt that I could do them anyway, I have too much trouble with any meds.

Sandy, what are they doing for Lindseys' stomach. I'm on Amitiza, Metformin, and Nexium. It helps but I just think it's getting worse. I hope they find some help for Lindsey.

Thanks,
Ada
SandyS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote