View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 06:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fantastic News!

Ron,

This is fantastic news! It supports a hypothesis I just ran across last week that proposes not all of our neurons are dying, some are just impaired by alpha-synuclein. There are now indicators that alpha impedes signaling long before cell death. Further supporting this is a study of advanced PD through PET scans showing that twenty years post diagnosis we still have an endogenous dopamine reserve. I'd say that you provide even further proof. This is from the study on alpha-synuclein:

“Even people with advanced Parkinson’s still have a substantial number of dopamine-producing neurons that remain. Our prediction is that even the neurons that survive don’t work very well, due to functional impairment at synapses.”

You are so right! If they started treating us from a "glass half full" perspective, they would actually be doing something novel and beneficial instead of with the usual there's nothing to be done routine of pills and a pat on the back.

As for your food question. I have noticed that sometimes I have to eat in order to switch back "on"; however, it is usually in the later morning or early afternoon. I don't note that any particular food source (carb vs. protein) plays a role.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
just_me_77 (10-31-2010), Ronhutton (10-31-2010)