Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 12:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk, tollyleslie!!! I hope you'll get the support that you need. There's a great bunch of folks here, but its kinda strange that few use the chat rooms.
Hello, my name is Jocelyn and I am new to this site. I have been suffering with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy for almost 3 years. I have had 3 back surgeries...after the 1st one, I got a staph infection and had to be reopened to clean it out. Then, on Feb 14, 2008, I had my 3rd surgery, and that is when I ended up with the RSD. I have absolutely no feeling in my left leg, but the pain is so bad on the inside that I have told my husband that I want to cut it off! I am now starting to get the pain in my right foot! The pain medication does not help. A year ago I was taking percocet 10/325, 2 every 4 hours, and when my insurance company stopped paying for it, the dr dropped it down to 5/325, 2 every 4 hours, which is half the dose I was taking. The pain is now much worse now, especially since it has moved to another area, and I have been asking my dr since May to give me a stronger medication, but it seems as if he doesn't hear me. I am 42 yrs old and I feel like I'm 82!! I am on .5 mg of zanax for anxiety (no help), 1200 mg of neurontin 3x's a day, 50mg of amitriptyline at night to help me sleep (which I still don't sleep) and the percocet for pain (which doesn't help)!!!! I am sad & depressed all of the time and sometimes wonder why I'm alive! If I had 1 wish, I would wish for a full 24 hour good day, starting with a good night's sleep! I know that won't happen so all I ask for is to have a decent quality of life! I would appreciate it if someone had a suggestion on how to make my dr understand that I need stronger pain medication to give me that best quality of life!! Thankyou, Jocelyn
tweetybird41 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (11-03-2010)