View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylilyfan View Post
My local office gave me a number to call and when I called that number I had to wait about an hour on hold.

But, they did tell me that a letter was sent out today saying I was APPROVED! I just cannot believe it. I should get my first check by direct deposit - they took my info for that - in October. My back pay will take a while, as they have to be sure I don't owe any taxes and other stuff - she said the back pay will take from 90 days to 6 months. They found me disabled from the date I quit working when my employer let me go back in Dec. 09.

Amazing. I never thought I could actually get this without appealing and a lawyer and everything.
I am so happy for you DayLilly,,,,I was deied 3 times and I got an attorney now. I have been waiting to get a hearing date for almost a year and finally got one for Jan 10!!! I am so nervous about the hearing, I hope things will go good for me. I am suffering from RSD, complicated migraines, depression, anxiety & COPD!!!! Did they say why it takes so long to receive the back pay? How long was it, after you were approved, that you started receiving your regular monthly checks?
tweetybird41 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daylilyfan (10-31-2010)