View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Wink I'm no doctor? But you mite want to check out ....

either first a neurologist to do nerve conduction studies or an orthopedic surgeon familiar with such problems as carpal tunnel...
I'd go to the neuro first? As surgeons are always seeming to DO SURGERY too fast or too soon? Tho a neuro mite take 2-3 months to get to see a good one? Make an appt. w/ the neuro and make it clear that you'd be open to some times when there are cancellations. Some folks cancel? And, then you mite get to be seen in 2 weeks!
To be honest? Could be sprained/strained/pulled muscles? Or something more 'nervy' meaning that nerves are damaged.
Often, rest in a wrist/or arm brace can and does help? But you'd also have your blood tested for deficiencies. [if the doc is good], and matabolic deficiencies as well. ASK for copies of these tests! They can help you learn a lot about yourself. Pay attention to the 'asterisks' [THESE- **] as they highlight good and bad aspects of YOU? And also the notes at the bottom of the tests which mite elaborate some things [tho, not always].
Often if it's carpal tunnel syndrome? [Which I've had/have] REST is key to healing..ergo the hand braces part. But braces are also a support! Don't forget to ask about Physical Therapy ....you won't get it unless you ask. And many insurances don't cover it? BUT, a really good therapist, can help you get back full function from either a pinched nerve or from carpal injury or surgery. Trick is? Finding good therapists! A totally different subject.
Good luck and don't give UP!
's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote