View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I hope you get results soon. According to Dr. Howard, who does the SFEMG on a regular basis and is an expert, it takes approx. 2 hours to evalute the results!!

Don't be nervous about taking Mestinon. Take it with food, that will help. Write down any and all symptoms or side effects for the first couple of weeks. Your body may have some very normal side effects the first few times you take it like increase in salivation. That's normal, so don't be alarmed.

I take Mestinon syrup, mainly because it absorbs better and I don't have stomach acid.

Make sure you write down all the times/dose amounts, to make sure you never take it too soon.

It can help to start out slowly, like with 15 mg. or 30 mg. My neuro had me start with 15 mg. once a day and then gradually go up from there because I'm sensitive to meds. What did your doc say to do?

I hope it goes well. Remember though that it is not a drug that will cure you and if you do too much, it will negate the effects of it. You still have to be sensible and alternate activity and rest!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote