View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Annie, Have you ever had a sleep study done? Some people with sleep apnea have "brain fog" due to not good enough sleep. Also, your pulmonologist could order an overnight oximetery first to see what your oxygen saturation is while sleeping.

BEG someone to test your vitamin B12 level. You should not automatically assume that all new symptoms are related to MG. A B12 deficiency is super common. If the lab normal is 200 - 800, for example, and your number is 250, that is very low and you should supplement with sublingual (under the tongue) methylcobalamin (B12).

Does Alzheimer's disease run in your family? Any time you have cognitive dysfunction, you have to think of that.

Whatever is going on, you'll have to be fully evaluated by DOCTORS. I know you don't like them but there are very good ones out there. Maybe if you say where you live (not specifically but generally), I can direct you towards some good ones, since I live in MN.

I know people who are 80 and older and don't have brain fog. It's not always about "getting older." A good doc will do all sorts of tests, including thyroid, comprehensive metabolic panel, etc. When was your last cardiac workup? Cardiac problems can lead to feeling "out of it" too.

I hope you can figure out what is going on. BTW, has anyone worked you up for lupus? Do you have any signs of it? Some people with Sjogrens get lupus. Lupus can "attack" any body system. Just a thought.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote