View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 04:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Reply to Alison RE: Lyrica

Hello,

I have never done this posting stuff but this may help you...

In Late February I severely pinched off some nerves in my neck at work and was in really BAD pain...I am an recovering alcoholic so I had to make a calculated decision with my sponsor to start the strong pain management routine including the usage of Norco and,eventually, after about (1) month, Lyrica. I eventually got up to Mg each evening (leading up to what the "then" doctor I had would be Mg mid- day).

To make this story short, after 2-3 months of treatment for my injury, the Lyrica was making me so sleepy and groggy I wanted to stop. One day I fell asleep early on the couch and missed my nightly dose...The next day, while at work I was in light to moderate withdrawal including sweats / light shakes, coupled with EXTREME energy loss. I made it through the day and collapsed on the couch, thinking I would get up shortly, and fell asleep...I woke-up at 5:00 and was VERY nauseated and could not catch my breath...I had a acute panic attack! I remembered / knew I didn't take the Lyrica so I took it and about 30 minutes later I slept.

That was about 4 weeks ago- I am ALMOST done with this stuff! (Oh thank GOD-it.Has.Been.a.struggle!) Although it is not narcotic and you don't "feel" it directly, it is VERY strong, and for me, is very uncomfortable to stop! Lyrica has also apparently made me DEEPLY depressed...

Anything else, Just ask

Greg
kewlgreg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote