View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Let thy food be thy medicine,oath or oaf

My theory is that balance in everything, it is the key I think to something that initializes outside the brain and causes the consequent response dead or dormant cells in the substantia nigra.
I manage my medication well.At times I can take significantly less, Every person's body chemistry is different hence our symptoms differ as much as our medication regimes
We are test tubes and every one of us has a different mixture.Fluid balance also can make an incedible difference,the bodies transport system,easy to maintain but much neglected.
The cure or solution could be different fo each of us

I have at times noticed a boost[although not always] to my alertness and function with small amounts of protein,usually a resonse to a craving,not an addictive one. So are dopamine levels boosted naturally? or with meds? The effects usually kick in within 10-to-30 minutes.

Fact is Protein foods are broken down into their amino acid building blocks during digestion. One amino acid, called tyrosine, will increase the production of dopamine, nor epinephrine and epinephrine. These essential neurotransmitters are comple beyond understanding,but patterns emerge,that is perhaps what we should analise.We are complex and compromised more than we understand by diet emotion,living

Most of us eat a high carbohydrate breakfast as cereals have become the norm. I read an atrticle some time go by a bio-pharmacist and it was his opinion that breakfast is the time of day for eating a high protein meal.
Food for thought.Hippocraties was no oaf let thy medicine be thy food
swept is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (11-01-2010), moondaughter (11-02-2010)