View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Laminectomy w/Halo

Hello, My first surgery started w/severe cord compression C-5/6. #2 Surgery C4/5. Both surgeries collapsed because of non-union of bone, my own hip bone. Both hips, and they sure do flare up when it"s cold and rainy. My #3 surgery was to repair the two non-unions w/ hardware. Somewhere between a screw indenting the thecal sac and the reverse kyphosis, I did not know I had. I Stuck my hand up for the big revision C-2/3 to T-2/3. This is where the first lammy was aborted because of a hole in my esophogus. They waited two months for that to heal and then proceed w/ the big lammy. Well, I never quite recovered from that, I was in and out of hospitals more than my underwear for 6 months. Osteomyelitis, a non-tuberculin acid fast orgaanism was eating away at my C-spine bones and also broke my collar bone. I was in the hospital for three months with a total of four surgeries, mainly to clean up the infection and restabilize w/hardware internally and a halo. I then went onto a Rehabilitation hospital to learn how to walk w/20lbs. on my head and chest! So, when signing a consent for these surgeries please remember me. I wish you the best and please keep us informed! WTR Nymph
WTR Nymph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote