View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
I apologize for the sloppiness of this post, but I wanted to share this before the night ends and I have just a tiny window before I have to get our last child off to bed...

You DNA contains the wisdom to heal you.
Thanks so much for your willingness to share this. I was a little hesitant to buy her book as I think it is over $30 but quite frankly, it seems more than worth it.

It is interesting that the other diet, the "real" food diet I have been wanting to try by Mary Enig does and says a lot of the same thing. It is processed food, facsimilies of food that are killing us and making us sick. Or at least tipping the scales in making us more vulnerable to disease.

While I don't know that taking more and consistent doses of coconut oil and curcumin along with daily diet restrictions and exercise will cure me or any of us; it has been proven that it can help us vastly. I have no excuses any more to sit on my butt!

The other factor I believe we need to get under control is stress! I agree with you that this is our bodies way of sending a not so subtle message; it's as if it is forcing us to slow down and make us pause. I have felt more and more like this lately as stress seems to be the one really difficult area to control. My therapist suggested I read up on Mindfulness and I have started to take the plunge and start a meditation practice.

As for stress, the amygdala, the control center of our limbic system also seems impacted by PD. I wonder if there are neurons in there impacted by the loss of dopamine because it certainly became hyper-sensitive just around the same time I developed a tremor. I don't think this is any coincidence. Anyway, there is hard scientific evidence that through meditation we can re wire our brains to not have this overreaction to stress in the environment. It has been shown that Buddhist monks can actually control their amygdala! So my sewing room is going to get a wee bit more crowded as I make way for a meditation space... :-)

All of this is so worth a try! Thanks again and keep us posted as to how it's going and be sure to share any and all kale recipes with me; I love that stuff!
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote