Thread: Cold Feet
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Shelley,

I am dealing with the same thing and I was going to say I posted last week I think about it so if you find my post you can see what some of the others said too.

I stood on my cold bathroom floor a few weeks ago and that sat my feet to burning on the bottom but they are cold and now it's going up my legs. I use a heating pad to wrap my feet in to help warm them up. The heating pads aren't quiet big enough though so I move it around or use the three I have.

I talked to my PCP about it Wed. and he is trying to figure it out. I would say though and I never thought about it, a Rhemy is a good ideal if you can find a good one. He would have the better answer. We got side tracked dealing with my pelvic pain and didn't talk about it anymore when I saw him. My problem is when I go in I have 10 things going on and we try to take care of the worst at the time. He was so excited about the VNS for me that we talked about that more then anything and he talked about Bill. After having a patient for 16 years I guess some Drs. get attached to them.

I also have like electrical shocks going up mine. It feels like sparks from sparklers as I describe it.

Some talked about it being from Cronic Pain Syndrome. I have a stupid Rheumy so I wouldn't even bother going to see mine.

It's great that your other Dr. is going to do the block to confirm or deny RSD. That will be good for you so you can start looking for the right answers for the RSD if it's there.

I'm sorry that you had such a hard time with the Dr. It's so common with them. I actually had a pain Dr. throw me out of his office and I believe it was because he didn't know what to do for me. My caretaker was with me and we filed a complaint against him with the U of C. So you are not alone in dealing with Drs. like that.

I was going to say also that sometimes the PCP get frustrated because they can't help their patient. Mine did with me and I think I'm the reason he lost a lot of his hair trying to figure me out for all these years. We have had our ups and downs also from frustration. I don't know how long you have had him but I do want to say good PCP's are hard to find and you need them to be the go between at times for meds and referrals. I think it's very important to have one and then when you start getting the meds you want you have 2 Drs. trying to help you with them and they know you are not Dr. shopping if you keep both in the loop.

Something else I have found, I have been turning my heat down to 60 at night for 2 reasons to save on the bill and also I can't stand to get too hot or I am in more pain so if your heat is down too low you might want to try turning it up some. I found when I did turn it up it helped. I had plenty of covers on me but they didn't help.

Take care,
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote