View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Harry,

Don't give up no matter what you do. I know it's hard but try and think of the positive things in life. I'm sorry to hear that the Epileptologist wouldn't take your ins. I've had a hard time with my ins. allowing me to see a dietician so I can go on the ketogenic diet. I've made the decision to do it on my own.
In regards to the depression and suicidal thoughts a lot of that comes for having epilepsy and well and the AED's (seizure meds) a person takes. I also wonder if winter weather makes some people more depressed.
Is there any chance you can get a bus, or gadabout, or any volunteer business that will pick you up and bring you home? I've had to take the bus at times and yrs. ago the train. Try and keep yourself busy so you don't have so much free time on your hands to think about any negative things. Also if you like to write or listen to music this has been proven to help people when they are in a depressed mood. I wish you the best of luck and I will be praying for you. May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote