Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I saw a few docs at the BI in the spring of 2009 - I had hoped to get into their ketamine program but they broke my heart and turned me down - they didn't even diagnose me with RSD, despite numerous previous such diagnoses by highly credentialed docs and overwhelming evidence. It was truly an awful experience for me.

A year later, I ended up with Dr. Getson in Marlton, NJ doing a 10 day outpatient protocol in April of 2010. Getson is awesome and has a nice facility. I then went to 2 days a week for a month, one day a week for a month, etc. tapering to once every 3 weeks. My current dose is 200 mg. and since August, I've been treated here in RI with a team that just got licensed to perform the treatments. So far I've had 27 infusions. I need them often, since they wear out in just a few weeks. I tried to go 4-5 weeks without an infusion once and it was much too long.

How long can you go between infusions by getting a large dose and taking the oral boosters? Using a sick day from work every 3 weeks for my infusions is consuming all of my compensated time. I would love to figure out a more efficient way to do this. I returned to work in June after a year's sick LOA.

XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeesRSD View Post
Hi Sandy and thank you for the welcomes

Ive been getting ketamine infusions since 2006 or 2007 (brain fart sorry), started getting them low dose at Beth Isreal in Boston every 2 weeks...worked only short term, very short term, but insurance did cover it for the most part.

I then found and talked extensively to a doctor in CA, and went in '08 for my first 6-hr medium dose? (for lack of the actual dosage offhand, need to dig through box of med records) I think he borders right on the acceptable limits but if it works...and it does for me, who am I to say what is acceptable

After an infusion, he then puts me on ketamine pills for one week tapering the dosage. This is what has made life more tolerable for me and it got me out of that wheelchair; I do still hurt and I have to use a cane but I sure am a lot better off than I was.

The weather out here makes such a difference too, and although they have a couple creepy critters that really wig me out, I will take seeing them every once in awhile over seeing snow lol.

I feel for ya living in New England, and will hope for a mild winter for you

Thank you again for the welcomes
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote