View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 12:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Long Term Care - Please Help!

Hello all,

My name is Karla Johnson and I am a 67 year old woman from Texas (yeehaw! ). Here is my situation, I hope someone has advice for me as I really need it!

I have self diagnosed myself with the early stages of alzheimer's disease. My mother got it as well and I went through the whole process from start to current day (she is in now in a nursing home). Anyways, I was able to find a website that guided me through the application process for Long Term Care in my state (LongTermCareInsuranceFinder.com) and now that I have the quote back for how much it is going to cost me, I don't know if I can afford it! I have looked everywhere and it seems the free quote I got back from them was one of the lowest so that is not the problem, it is just that I have been out of work for quite some time and my husband is long passed away. My funds are running out and I am not sure where to turn next. I fear that I will become a financial burden to my family if I can not afford to pay for this Long Term Care Health Insurance which I think I will very desperately need soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions as where I may seek state or government funding for my Long Term Care payments? Any information would be greatly appreciated as I am losing my mind day by day over this (literally!). Thank you!

-Old Grammy
oldgrammy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote