View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question My Daughter and PCS

Hello Folks:

My daughter, Grace, was thrown from a playground swing when the chain let go as she reached the highest point. She was slammed to the ground, landing on her shoulder and head. She broke 3 ribs, and sustained a C7 fracture which, thankfully, missed the spinal column. She was diagnosed with a concussion, and went to the emergency room with the usual concussive symptoms; nausea, vertigo, etc. This was on April 30th.

After starting High School, these symptoms, which had pretty much gone away, have returned full force, along with other classic indicators of 'PCS' - fatigue, temper outbursts, mood swings, low frustration threshold, inability to control impulses, dizziness, impaired balance, etc. I'm not sure if the condition has worsened due to the stress of starting in a new school environment, etc, but she is becoming increasingly unable to keep up and do the work assigned to her.

We have an appointment this morning with a pediatric neurologist, and I feel that a proper and accurate diagnosis may be the key to resolving her problems.

Does anybody have any suggestions about what to tell the doctor that may help him figure all of this out?

Thank You.

-Grace's Dad
Grace's Dad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote