Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 09:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm interested that your docs are telling you that your optic nerve symptoms are caused by muscle spasms in your neck. What kind of doctor? A chiro or neuro? My daughter's neck was injured at the same time she received concussion. She saw chiro for treatment but nobody ever equated her optic nerve issues to muscle spasms in neck. Hmm...

Keeping her vision straight during movement was the final hurdle my daughter crossed during vision therapy. At one point she was feeling really good and normal until she was physically active. Eventually she was able to do her vision exercises while balancing on a bongo board and now she does not have a return of symptoms with exercise. It's similar to rehabilitating an ankle injury that can withstand standing, then walking, and eventually running and jumping.

For her it was all about re-training her optic nerves to stay "turned on" equally. Losing your center of vision puts the brain into overdrive as it tries to make sense of what it's seeing, which leads to panic attack-type symptoms (headache, vertigo, nausea, pounding heart, etc.).

Can you feel this tightening in your neck muscles? Are you still receiving treatment for your neck?

These symptoms are so intertwined with other conditions (vestibular, blood pressure, etc) it's like a giant puzzle to be solved.
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote