View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 03:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You and I could almost be 'twins' with the before and after pix - my eyes aren't quite as closed but the corners of my mouth are way, way lower! My hubby calls me frowny face when I need a pill!!

Anyway, I am 'freaky' about meds too and started out with 15 mg 3x per day instead of the 30mg 3x they wanted me on. That was about 16 months ago, and now I take 30 mg 3x daily at a minimum. Some days I take either extra doses (if it's a 'long' day) or higher doses (if I'm trying to golf or work in the garden when it's hot).

I have worked with my neuro and have permission to alter my doses appropriately for what I am feeling versus my activity level - - however, I was given limits on maximum amounts within a four hour timeframe. There are many times when I simply have to quit what I'm doing because I can't take more Mestinon - - but I can't get my muscles to function either!! (I truly hate it when that happens!!)

Listen to your body and work with your neuro - - together you'll figure out what works best for you.
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote