View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Default Mystical Experiences...

That's what Dr.Wolfelt calls them. When we "experience" the presence of someone who has passed on...when we feel that "connection".

This is what he says...

"Many people I have companioned in the grief journey have taught me they have had experiences that are not always rationally explainable. Let me assure you that if this applies to you, it does not mean you are crazy!.
However, do be aware that depending on who you share these experiences with, they may question your sanity. But I like to think that if you have mystical experiences, you're simply mystically sensitive - and blessed!"

He continues: "The primary form of mystical experience that mourners who have experienced a suicide death have shared with me involves some sense of communication to or from the dead person. I have listened to and learned from hundreds of people who have seen, heard, and felt the presence of someone who has died. The bulk of people find these experiences comforting, but some people are upset by them. I have had enough people teach about these experiences to know you're not crazy if you have them. Just have some discernment with whom you share them. You don't need judgment; you need someone to honor and bear witness to your experience. If you do have any of these mystical experiences, I hope they do bring you comfort and hope."

*Understanding Your Suicide Grief by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.

Reading his words helped me "accept" my one time "visit" from Michael.
And now I've heard from my old neighbor...she thought maybe she was losing her mind when she was "touched" by her son, who completed suicide a year and a half ago.

Last edited by Alffe; 11-03-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (11-03-2010), barbo (11-04-2010), Doody (11-05-2010)