Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 09:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

After my accident I had lost a portion of my vision in my right eye, which came back. But it hurt my left eye everytime I looked in a new direction. I saw a neuro opthamalogist to make sure that everything was good (which it was). He said that I was on a good path being on Gabapentin and Elavil.

The next was a psychiatrist who did a bunch of range of motion tests with my neck, and questions from my other doctors notes/tests. He felt that with the whiplash, the vertigo, dizziness and headaches, you naturally tighten up and may not realize it. With Vertigo, you tense up to feel more stable.

I do notice that on days where I am stressed, my headaches are much worse as is the pain in my eye. I just started back to work and I find that every afternoon, I am full headache and eye pain so I try to stretch throughout the day and massage it in the evening.

I am waiting for his report to suggest treatments, but also mentioned injections in the nerve (there are some posts on Occipital neuralgia).

I am a huge hockey fan, and find that I can only watch a small amount of a game, if at all. The movement of the players/camera is too quick and it causes stabbing pain in my left eye.

I will post an update once I get the treatments and how they go.
Tengboche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote