View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 11:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My surgeon's nurse was out today... so we had to call and talk to the lady who schedules surgeries because she needed a number from us and wanted to tell me that insurance had approved the surgery.

I called her back (after 5, so I got her voicemail) saying that I did a little research and thought it through a bit, and asked her if she would cancel the request to ask the doctor if I could stick with Medtronic.. I guess he uses BS for a reason, and I do trust his judgment. It is just hard because I am not comfortable calling people and that makes it more difficult. If I didn't have that problem, I would not care which company it was.

I just got a feeling (that I hope is from God--it feels that way after I have prayed and thought about it) that I should not request Medtronic and just let it happen the way it happens. I don't know if that is the right way or not, but I will find out soon enough, I guess.

And to clarify--it was a different doctor who did the trial, so that is why two different companies were used.

The neurosurgeon doesn't do the trials... at least as far as I know. I didn't ask so he may--but the trial was done by an anesthetist. Then the surgery is done by the neurosurgeon.

So, if Mary gets my message before she talks to them, we will just go with BS. If not, we'll see--I will let everyone know if anything changes and I do go back to not using BS. I just got the feeling that this is what I should do.. unfortunately not before I wrote this message and asked everyone. Hah... oh well, hopefully it helps someone out there some day.

One week!

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (11-04-2010)