View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
ask for brown rice at the restaurant....it has a lower glycemic index.

Many places are using brown rice now, and I get Sushi (no raw seafood), with it about once a week at Kroger's now.

You can control blood sugar with fat content. Using good fats, with each meal, slows the stomach emptying and keeps blood sugars from spiking so high. Also smaller portions, and snacks instead of 3 squares, help. Nuts are a good choice too.

I think elderly need some complex low glycemic carbs. The liver does not do a good job as we age either.

Hi Mrs. D.

Been doing the brown rice thing EVERY time we go to Japanese. I love it. They won't do California rolls with brown rice. Some places do, but not the one around the corner from my house.

Oh, guess what happened this morning when I went out for breakfast? One of the other patrons bought me breakfast for my birthday. I had been teaching her some computer skills and how to use youtube. She's over 70, and had never heard of youtube. She wanted to see Mary Martin and Enzio Pinza in South Pacific. Well, she has discovered a whole new world on the internet. She said "Oh my god, all the musicals I love, all the people, well they are all up on youtube"!! It's so exciting to see an older person learning new stuff, and even better, having a conversation with someone who is not constantly texting.

So she said: "I'm buying Melody breakfast"

How cool was that?

Anyway, thank god I can go back to 3 meals and two snacks. I did perfectly fine on that and on Lantus.

If I only need 8 or 5, I'll do it. At my age, I'm not experimenting any more.

I did what I had to do.

I wonder though if someday they will invent an oral insulin pill.

Wouldn't that be something?

lol

Have a great day.

It's pouring here in Brooklyn and we are going out for Japanese food.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote