View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 02:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs Up

I can definately see a difference in the before and after picture. It seems to be beneficial.

A similar thing happens to me, both sides get droppy, but my left side gets way dropper...my mom calls it my stroke face...LOL...I think I look more like a Pacaso painting.

Don't worry about taking Mestinon. Work with your neuro to determine the right dosage, you'll definately know when you've reached the right dose because if you surpass what your body needs, then you'll get weak again. So that's your queue you're one dose too high.

I take 180 mg 4x's per day and experience no side effects. Of course, dosage is specific to each individual so don't try that much! It took about a year for us to work up to the correct dosage.

I am glad you are seeing improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalynn View Post
Hi everyone, I posted here this past summer. I'll try to link to that thread, so I wont have to repeat everything.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread125873.html

So, here's an update. I am still waiting to see the neuro, but in the meantime I started with a new PCP. This doctor is amazing! I told him all of my symptoms droopy eyelids, difficulty with repititive task, difficulty writing, difficulty chewing, weakness in arms and legs, and at times a feeling as if I'm completely out of energy. During these times I have a hard time talking or breathing. Usually if I rest I'm ok.

So, he said I'm positive you have MG. Even if your blood tests come back negavitve I want you to take it. I think one of them was borderline at one time. He said that sometimes the levels can fluxuate. I have had a complete work up for everything else.

After I saw my eye doctor in the summer I called my current neuro who is three hours away (the reason I'm trying to find a local one to work with me). I asked her about what she thought about the trial of Mestinon and she said I should do it.

I guess I'm worried that when I see my new neuro that he will say I don't have it. I've fought so hard to get a diagnosis and some treatment. Of course I don't want the wrong diagnosis. I'm guessing that if I'm still repsonding well to the Mestinon he will keep me on it.

I'm going to try and attach a pic of my before and after taking Mestinon pics. Excuse the grey hair and old lady look. It was just a few days after Halloween afterall.

I do think my eyes looked better and my breathing was better too. The doctor wants me to take 60 mg three times a day, but I'm sort of ramping it up myself as I'm a worrier about meds since I've had allergic reactions in the past. I'm taking 30 mg twice day for a few days then I'll go up. Is it possible that that amount could help me, or do most people need more?

Thanks.
mvoyvodich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote