View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused painful post NCS

I too am suffering from a painful post NCS. I had been referred to a neurologist for my weirdo big toe (sharp, stabbing pain that didnt respond to either surgery, narcotics, lyrica, ssri's, lidoderm patchs..etc), so i was told "hey! lets figure out whats going on with you!" sure! im game! im 28, overweight, but other than that, in relative good health. i dont complain about aches or pains, just my stupid left toe. so, not knowing what i had in store for me PRIOR to the appointment, the dr came in, said we are doing this "NCS" thing, the nurse came back in, started hooking me up, and thats when all hell broke loose. figuring i'd be okay, and that i can deal with it (i have a fairly high pain tolerance), i was wrong. the nurse was apologizing left and right as i was crying. this was repeated on the other leg. then the dr. did what i call the "need thing" (ems, esm, i dont know the acronym). from that point on, my entire body has been on fire. i have been in constant, throbbing, aching full body pain that feels like its radiating from my lower back up through my arms, back, legs and feet. its almost like the NCS awoke something nasty within. unfortunately, 3 wks has passed, the neurologist doesnt believe me, and my pain gets worse every day. i just need help, and if someone, anyone feels so compelled to point me in the right direction, please feel free to do so.
kalikidd21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote