View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 08:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Interesting brandon. This is what I was told in another MG group in late 08 I think it was when I was discussing that the pharmacy was out at the big teaching hosp I go to and I was surprised. They said it was being phased out and would nolonger be made. But this was back in 08 and I havent talked about it till this post.

I did get get the neostigmine as the challenge in the neuro optho department in July. It worked amazingly but there was no double blind and 3 docs were working on me. The senior doc was so swamped I didnt get a chance to tell her that they didnt test me the same way after. She was out of the room and the 2nd test was done in another dept. It was very disorganized. But it great for my vision. But they didnt test my body of course. I told my lung doc how amazingly the injection worked for me. He wanted to know how they gave it to me asking if by IV. I had it in my behind as a shot.

Thank you all. You all gave me exactly what I needed. I am very encouraged my lung guy will the the drug and use it Tuesday. Of course I have some hope my disease can be diagnosed will enough with the new developements from this week and what happens Tuesday next to avoid the biopsy.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonc View Post
I know that my first neurologist called the test a Tensilon test when I had it- there were like 4 doctors there watching me when I got it done- but my new neuro at Northwestern Hospital is saying that they have actually stopped making it and when you hear a neuro calling something a Tensilon test its actually Neostigmine but u know how doctors handle change....considering most of my doctors still use paper for everything...not good.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote