View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums, though I've been reading quite a few threads prior to registering. Before I ask my question, I'd like to thank you folks who take the time to help so many others out!

For the past three or so years, I have been fighting for SSI due to a disabling chronic pain condition. It has been a tough battle due in no small part to my age (I'm only 25 now, and was younger when this started). My application and appeal were both denied. Fortunately, by the time I ended up before the ALJ, I had my doctor's support and an abundance of medical records to support me.

Today, I received a letter from SSI concerning my case. I think it is telling me I was approved, but here's the part that concerns me ...

Is the above an approval letter? Is it normal for this interview to come with SSI approval?

My impression is that I was approved, and they're now figuring out how much money to give me, but ... After all this time, I'm almost afraid to believe that I won.
No its not the approval yet I recieved this same letter about 2 weeks ago. they called me and asked some questions about my living situtation and income, children age just basic questions to see if you qualify. This is my first time responding and I'am glad to be able to help because I was teriffied when I got this letter and did not know what to expect so don't worry.
menme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote