Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeesRSD View Post
Hey Sandy,

Sorry bout BI, I had heard it was hard to get into there but I somehow got lucky and was one of their first ones to get the infusions there, only problem was, is that the doses were low and I had to go back every 2 weeks.

My RSD doc in NH was Dr. Ralph Beasley, that man is a genius, but due to NH laws, he couldn't do the infusions he knew I needed, and Im thinking he must of had something to do with me getting into BI....my memory just isnt what it used to be...

My current dosage as far as I can remember, and I may be wrong, is between 1000-1200 mg, I will know for sure when I go back in a few weeks or I find my old records ( shamely Ive lived here in AZ for a year now and I still have boxes to unpack ) it is a higher dose and I think he comes close to the fine line that is set for ketamine

After the first infusion, I spent the next 6-8 months learning to walk again and getting out of that wheelchair. My therapy can make it possible for me to go 8-12 months without getting another infusion. Dont get me wrong, I still hurt but I am better able to tolerate it. I do not take Methadone any longer though which always did worry me....but thats just me. My doc doesnt make any guarentees but I figure what do I have to lose?

Hope I was helpful and sorry for any typos, talk soon k
Dee
Hi Dee and Welcome, Thank you for sharing your history and information about your ketamine treatments. I live in Arizona too, the past 12 years-have had RSD 15 years-full body and internally.
There are support groups in Tucson and Phoenix. I am 62, married with one married daughter. This is a wonderful group, here on Neurotalk. Take care, one of your new friends, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote