View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 09:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Vacation was a lot of fun but a tid too early to go, I think. We ended up walking A LOT (about 3 miles daily) and was too much, what with being in the hot sun. Was relaxing laying on the beach and listening to waves rolling in

I think if I'd had to do it again (reservations were already made long time ago), I'd give myself more time to recuperate as I was only 8 weeks post surgery when I went. I was able to take pain meds. with me, which I reluctantly ended up using. Tried to moderate the lumbar SCS, which is where I had the most difficulty with pain, but was hard to find sweet spot between just right amount of pain coverage and too much, which made things a little sore.

I asked for wheelchair down and back, which was a BIG help. Was whisked through security and customs faster than usual. Got the obligatory pat-down rather than going through the machines. If you go out of country, I'd suggest you get something from security in that country, in their own native language, that you can give to security personnel because the SCS cards didn't help me as much as having a letter in my hand, written in Spanish and signed by head of security. The screeners at Cancun looked at that letter and the rest was a breeze. The only problem was in the USA where we have to take our shoes off. It was a little problematic taking them off and off whilst sitting on wheelchair.

So, while I have many fun memories (and didn't sleep very well while there because of being on pain meds.), it was nice to be with my husband and dad. Now to do tons of laundry and try to get my sleep schedule back to some sense of normalacy.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-05-2010), Rrae (11-05-2010)