View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 10:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My sympathy

Dej

First of all, I hate that you are going through this. It is has to be a hard decision for you. I will be forced to do the same thing, one day soon also.
I learned a year or so ago, when duty calls, I would have to go. I hadn't talked
to my mother for almost a year, because she got mad, when I asked why she
was buying christmas gifts for us, and I knew she couldn't afford it. She lives in Florida. When she moved to Florida, it was, no more gifts, we will visit and
that will be our gifts . Well for some reason, she started picking out stuff for
everyone. I received a nasty e-mail and said she sent all my stuff back and
was told my nieces, they were going to get more presents, cause Mema was mad at me! They just happened to slip that out.. Anyway, the next year she was involved in a car accident that totalled her car. My brother that lives down there, lives there to mooch, called me, I called her and everything was back to
normal.
I am in a similar situation again with her. She visited last August, 2009 nice visit, When my brother down there got upset with me over playing a "VIDEO" game with him over the internet, that we wouldn't play with him, etc. My husband called him a big baby. He went to my mom, after she couldn't find her pictures, when my cousin was coming down to visit. Mom wanted to get them out to show them to her. He convinced my Mom that I must have took them in Feb. of 2008, when we went down there last. I received a very nasty e-mail. Saying I stole her pictures, when I was there, even though she was just here in Aug 2009, she hadn't noticed then. Wanted all the stuff that she had left here with me when she left to go to Florida, in 1998, sent to her and all the
pictures I stole. I was devastated.... I didn't know what pictures she was talking about. I sent the e-mail to my oldest brother, I am oldest. He thought she was losing it, said don't worry about it. Doesn't even sound like her.
Well... to wrap this up, sorry so long, My daughter got married end of June, no
response from the family in Florida. We left out of there ( St Ausutine) so, my mom and brother could see us while we were there. No response. They missed my daughters entire wedding, she never received any acknowledgement.. that hurt!
My older brother, was on a trip down there, dropped over and visited my mom and youngest (moocher) brother, I guess she started talking angrily about me, he told her he didn't want to hear it! Also he heard, she had changed her will.
So right now Dej, like you..... I would have mixed feelings if I got a call, saying
my mom was ill. It is you decision, even though it hurts. It is something you have to decide on.
Let us know what you decide, we will support you!!
Sorry, I had to spill my guts, needed to get this out
Deb
debw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (11-06-2010), Kitt (11-05-2010), SallyC (11-05-2010), TRESA (11-05-2010)