Thread: Update...
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update...

Hello, it's been quite some time since I last posted. Just a little reminder, I started feeling my neuropathy in the very first days of November 2008. I was laying in bed, and started to feel a funny sensation going up and down the side of my left leg. Soon it spread to my right leg and I then had terrible burning from the knees down. In no time it spread all over my trunk which included my entire back, my stomach, my arms and hands. Later on I started to feel in in my feet. I was in agony, especially at night. I went for every test and tried a few meds for pain, but nothing gave me any substantial relief. It's then that I had to except that for me, this was my life now. The doctors could never find the cause.

A few months ago, my pain level started to drop down for longer periods of time. The burning around places like my back and stomach started to really die down. This was followed in other areas as well. I'll be honest, I had taken some supplements, but I wasn't very regular on it. As it stands today, November 2010, two years later, I am so much better then I was. Oh, I still have some pain which I have gotten used to and don't think about much. I also have my flares, which can be quite painful. My left side continues to be my worse, especially my left leg. The flares I noticed can come on because of hormonal changes, or over activity. The question has me stumped, what happened to me and why am I better now? Was I exposed to something? Did my body attack itself? I often lay in bed wondering.

I am extremely grateful for any pain relief I can get and I take nothing for granted. I can very easily slip back to where I was, or continue to heal. I just don't know so I take it one day at a time. I used to say there is always hope for change, and apparently for now, things have changed a little. I just wanted to also say how thankful I am to this forum. Everyone here is so kind and helpful and truly understands what it's like to deal with is dreaded condition. I just want to thank everyone for that....
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (11-06-2010), mrsD (11-05-2010)