View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 11:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It took a year because I take it 4 x's a day and was only allowed to update one time per day a month. And I could not increase around my period because that causes a false reaction.

For instance:
I started out taking 30 mg 3 x's a day. then it became 4 times a day. then it was 60 mg once a day and still 30 mg the other 3x's in the day. so to get all 4 doses at 180mg took a while. he wanted to wait at least 3 weeks inbetween increase to see how my would handle it. one time i increased too fast, so i had to decrease. then i started working and needed more and then was able to proceed with increasing.

i'm not sure if that make sense, but i hope it does. basically, my neuro just wanted to take it really slow because, as you know, having too much can also cause weakness and he wanted to make sure i wasn't taking too much and causing weakness.

For the first year I was blessed with an awesome job and boss who let me work from home. And that made making these adjustments much easier because my energy output was consistent every day. Now I am doing contract work and have to go into the office and it is a very big strain even at the high dose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie59 View Post
Not to budge in here but why did it take the year to work up to 180mg? Maybe what I mean is what did you experience? I guess this is relevant certainly. Different neuros that I have interacted with feel differently about mestinon. Oh and their staff. I am up to 15-25mg doses when I was barely able to tolerate 5mg even tho I needed alot more 5 months ago. I am so grateful my body is handling it better. I am not sure why. Did you body get used to the higher doses?
Annie59
mvoyvodich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote