View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ah Dej. As has been said so many times, you can't control anyone's actions, you can only control your reaction.

You have to live with your own conscience. It sounds to me that reluctantly, despite the family drama and how it affects you emotionally, you feel a certain obligation to see your mom one last time. No matter how it goes down, in the long run, it feels as if you will be at peace with yourself for going through this.

I say go. The drama will be there full force. You will be mad, it will hurt. Everyone will be horrible.

Then you will come back to your life and pull out what you did right and move forward.

It will be hard to do but it sounds like you are already half way there by just asking "if" you should go. You seem to be looking for excuses not to go all the time knowing that you have to go.

That is my psychobabble! Take it for what it is. I am not telling you to go or else you are a terrible person, etc. I am just reacting to a bad situation and giving you my honest reaction.

In the long run, you will figure it out and it will be the right thing for YOU.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (11-06-2010), NeuroNixed Craig (11-07-2010), SallyC (11-05-2010), TRESA (11-05-2010)