View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 01:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

OMG Kathy.....

i am SO sorry for your experience thank you for telling me. several years ago i took ketamine orally and i did have hallucnations...i just hoped getting the infusion might be different/better. i am scared. i am a heavy woman and have been mostly in bed for 5 years because of 70lbs of abdominal swelling from surgeries and a herniated L4 disc. i was hoping the ketamine would be Shangra La for me. my hubby doesnt want me to do it, hes not even sure i have RSD he doesnt know what to believe because i have been to so many doctors over the years. i discovered this and showed my doctor who said yes i think you have it. ketamine looks like it has helped many people, but now im just not sure. thank you Kathy, i hope you are sueing the hospital!
lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy d View Post
Hi Lori,
I wanted to say hi and to say each person has their own reaction whether good or bad. There are many different ways it seems to have ketamine done. I personally would never do it again as it made me 1,000 times worse than what I was before I started the program. I was down to one cane and on a pain patch. I went in thinking I would have 85% less pain for several months. I was in ICU for 7 days instead of 5 because a nurse there stuck me on the commode and left me and I fell off severely hurting my neck and back. I know the ketamine was working but unfortunately with ketamine you must be very careful and not hurt yourself in any way. The nurse blew my whole treatment. The medicine was scary too. I felt paranoid like the nurses were going to kill me and i had to be nice to them. I hallucinated and pulled ivs out of my arms three times. I remember coming in and out of consciousness. I don't remember the first week at home with family members at all and had a hard time trying to figure out what happened to me. It was horrible and I've been bedridden since Sept 20th when this all started. I had the first booster shot Oct 21st and had to stop it as the hallucinations were terrible and I thought I was dying. I could not take Ativan and had a reaction to it so that is why it was so bad then. I can barely get out of bed and now at 47 years have been looking into going to a nursing home. I am trying to stay in my home and have helpers come to my home each day. I know I would never have it done again because it made me so bad and I feel if I didn't fall I would have had a better outcome. Also, the more you sleep the better the ketamine works in your brain. No one ever told me or my family that so I wanted you to know that too. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
kathy d