View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 06:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Requip.

Hello Pollywog, I have not responded to your thread sooner because I have no experience with Mirapex. However, I have five plus years of experience with Requip, and for the first four years Requip was my only PD medicine.
I am older than you, and have had few and mild side effects from Requip.

I have no hallucinations, but I do at times see sharp flashing lights in the dark - not a grid like you describe, but single, sharp, quick lights. For as long as I have had PD, my eyes have had what feels like a low grade inflammation/irritation, and when I get up in the morning, they sting, and it is hard to keep them open for the first few minutes. Eye exams show no problems. I think the lights are a PD symptom, as is the eye irritation.

I take 8 1/2 mg Requip daily, I don't know how that translates to mg of Mirapex.
Requip has never made me nauseous. It can cause stomach pain and heart burn, but both disappear if you take Flax Oil (caps.)

Requip gave me back energy and strength immediately. My tremor comes and goes, I have trouble tolerating noises, and I'm stiff and slow and have bad balance. A year ago I added a small amount of sinemet and 100 mg Amantadine. For me the Amantadine restores (almost) my balance.

Requip may agree with you too. It may be worth a try.

birte

P.S. what kind of art do you do?
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote