View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 11:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to post

I have been having this shooting pain for only a couple of years, but now it is on a scale of 7-8. I have been taking Gabapentin, but I cannot handle more then 900mg, I get too tired, I look and feel drugged at work to and may loose my job. I am hoping the side effects of Lyrica are better. But no Dr seems to know what is wrong, one says I have neuropathy, but EMG test shows I do not. I have burning pain which started in my left big toe, then numbness in my left foot and calve. The pain was just annoying at first for about two years, now I am getting chills, and the pain level is 7-8. I had colitis, and had my colon removed so I know pain pretty well. My neurologist says it is due to irritation of my 5th lumbar but it is not bad enough to operate. Said to take narcotics which I never want to touch again. He will not give me the time of day, saying he made his diagnosis, now go to you PM. I would rather have my leg removed then go through this pain and drugs. Cannot maintain my job being s doped up. Sorry just venting here.
ericisoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote