Thread: Wheat again
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

You know, I am reminded of the Nightshade veggies.

There is a toxin in potatoes (and less so in other nightshades) called Solanine.

This toxin accumulates (as I have read some places) in the body over time, and affects the nervous system among other things. So one may not have it at one point, and if the solanine accumulates to a "certain" level, then symptoms may occur.

I had a hard to pin down burning neuropathy in my legs which was very puzzling. And when I did an elimination for nightshades...the burning stopped. If I stay away from potatoes in any form, the burning is almost non-existant. Eat potatoes and that night and the next couple the burning will return. Some tomato sauces will also trigger me, but others not. Concentrated types tend to be the culprits.

So there can be other foods that can be problematic in neuro diseases, I suspect. It only took me 60 yrs to find my connection to the Nightshades!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote