View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Becca, glad to hear you're remaining positive and you have been making at least some progress. Accepting we're different to how we once were is a must but accepting too much is not good, because it's what I did too early and I never searched for good medical help as I thought this was it.

From our previous discussions in this thread it seems like our ear problems are very similar, and since only one of my ears, which happens to be on the side I took the impact, gives me pain and strange sensations, maybe I too have physical damage in there. I always put my ear issues down to the brain not processing sound properly, since I have sound sensitivity in both ears I just accepted it without getting it checked out. In one ear though there's more than that, and it's been a changing state of symptoms. In the past several months I realised that just touching that side of my face causes my inner ear to flutter, if that makes sense. On some occasions I've also felt air escaping through it when breathing, and there has been some pain on the odd occasion. 20 months post injury and considering what you've been told, getting help now may be futile but I think I should try anyway.

I accepted too much too early and let life get in the way of seeking proper medical attention. I'm glad you didn't wait so long and hope you find a solution for your ear troubles

Last edited by pbob10; 11-06-2010 at 09:02 PM.
pbob10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote