View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 07:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Hello,
I found this site yesterday. The information on this thread is amazing!!!
I will try and make my story as short as possible, even though I could go on forever!. I became ill in November of 2009. I was diagnosed with B12 deficiency in December of 2009. At that time my level was 86. I was immediately started with one 1000 mcg Cyanocobalamin injection a day for 5 days, followed by weekly shots until May. Since May I have been getting injections every 3 weeks. Life has been a rollercoaster, to say the least.
Last week I saw another doctor. A neurosurgeon. He diagnosed me as having (I hope I get it right) Subacute Spinal cord degeneration. In the past 11 plus months I have been seen by 9 neurologists, including the ones that I had seen during an 11 day hospital stay in August, have had countless tests done and now finally a diagnosis!
My B12 goes up and down with the highest being 600 on August 27th (after 5 consecutive days of shots). As of October 12th it was sitting at 284. I am due for another check the end of November. I have this feeling it will be below 284.
Questions I have........ should I be taking Methylcobalamin orally each day along with getting injections every 3 weeks?
The results of the MMA and Homocysteine tests would not be accurate if they were done after a run of daily shots for 5 days?
Why does my level not stay up?
My antiparietal cell antibody test came back positive ....... is that a positive for Pernicious Anemia? Some tell me no, some tell me yes.
I am forgetting alot of questions but will leave it at that for now.
I will continue reading more of this thread
Mo02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote