View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 10:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jenny,

Sorry to hear about your horror story! I'm almost 2 years in, (having surgery week of Nov 15 not sure what day yet) For me it was mt shoulder surgeon, after two should surgery's and my torn ligaments fixed, he referred me to a TOS doctor to have a work up as he thought that I had the symptoms..
Its been HELL getting work comp to pay for it, however its approved.

I know how you feel, I have had weeks and weeks of wanting to cut my won arm off, and wanting to dig my own rib out. I'm the same age as you and can completely understand.... I failed all non surgical treatment for a year..

Reading your story and other some how I feel blessed, that it only took 2 years. 1 year to diagnose.

Maybe it is the area you live? maybe they do not know much? I could not even imagine battling this with my private insurance.

I did have my rib and C2 adjusted by a Ciro and that took my symptoms away for a few days... im sure you have tried everything, and I hear you on the scalene muscles.... I want to do the same to mine. I had kids before I had TOS, however If I had TOS first, I understand, as I would NOT have had children. Wish you the nest of luck. Do they really just don't want to listen to you or you tell them what is wrong with you?