View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 08:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It has been very hard for me to find something else to do in my spare time. I went from being in gymnastics 24 hours a week along with school to this....

I think it has helped SOOOOOOOOOO much having my cat around. If you aren't allergic to animals or anything, I would HIGHLY reccomend getting a cat or even a non-hyper dog. They help for company and they keep you moving. My cat can sense when I am having a bad pain spasm so she is near me when I need her most and she has learned to stay away from RSD affected areas which helps lots.

Aside from that, pets like to play sometimes so it is good for the exercise to play along. With a cat, hold string above her head and watch her jump for it or for a dog, play fetch with a small foamy ball. It's fun and it takes your mind off of the pain a little bit. Then they can cuddle with you when you need it most Just make sure not to get a hyper dog or kittens. It is best to get an older pet because they are older and more wise and it is easier to teach them to keep away and not to touch RSD areas.

I also like doing sudoku puzzles and computer stuff. It doesn't keep me moving, but it helps when I am lazy and don't feel like doing anything.

Best of luck
nikmcjo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote