View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 08:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Memories of Yesterday..

Today, I sat thinking of the good old days... Memories of the days when I could do whatever I wanted and go wherever I wanted without exhaustion, pain or limitations.
Memories of the Good Old Days of Concerts under the stars… Riding with my husband on our beautiful Harley along the coast and seeing beautiful country side with no agenda or no place to be…
My husband and I use to do just about everything together before I was injured and just about everything I could think of medically crept up on me.
For most of my life and until just a few years ago, I would climb onto my horses back and ride with the sun in my face and the wind in my hair... My horse was my joy and my best friend until I had to put him to sleep one day because of sever colic. If I still had him I know I could no longer care for him now the way I once did... But he is a wonderful memory that I have to remember now...
When winter is here I look at the mountains and remember the days when my girlfriends and I use to go up there on an overnight snow boarding trip... Those were so much fun... Talk about crazy girls... Margaritas and pizza and then trying to snowboard down a mountain the next morning... Talk about crazy days... Memories...
I had such a cool job too... I worked on a life flight helicopter and flew over seas with an international air ambulance company... My career of eleven years ended but what a great unforgettable memory that is...
I use to be so active... Now I’m lucky if I can make my bed with out taking a break or fold all the clothes in the laundry basket and that is just to name a couple things... Do you ever just have one of those days when you feel useless and as though there is hardly anything left that you are able to do or participate in anymore. I guess you could say I’ve become a stronger person because of everything I have been thru recently...
But then again there are those days when I just feel like I'm in the way and a nuisance to those around me…
Today I felt just like that... But I have those wonderful memories… Memories that will always be with me no matter what I end up doing or wherever I end up going…
It was just a day I wanted to share my memories…